Monday, August 23, 2010

Our First Show!


We are officially doing our first show! We will be showing at the Evergreen Chili Cook Off on September 12th in Evergreen, Colorado. If you will be in the area and are attending the cook off we would love to meet you!


Because of this I (Lauren) spent a lot of time on the internet this weekend. We needed a tent, and man, there are a lot of options out there, ranging in price from $180 to $4,000. Yes, $4,000! That would have to be a serious tent for a 10 ft x 10 ft space! I got smart and looked on Craigslist and even found one for $100, but the seller wasn't getting back to me and I got smart and looked on ebay. I managed to find one, new with 4 side walls (2 with windows) for $130 including shipping. It retails for $300, so I think I got a good deal!


Then it was on to banners. We used vistaprint for our business cards, so I figured they would be good for the banner as well. And what do you know - small banners were free, just pay shipping! I went ahead and designed that, and then tote bags were also free for the first one, so I did that. I also ordered one for Heather and Emily so we would have some promotional items. The order total was $28, which included shipping. Upon checkout I was given the option of a free magazine subscription or a $20 rebate. I went for the rebate. My entire order cost me $8. Score!!


So, all in all a productive weekend. Now that the show is official I better get back to stocking up my inventory. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment